How can I make an input listener that gets highlighted feedback in a timely way, but not too often?
Here’s what the user experience should be, on mobile or desktop:
- While you are inputting a number, there should be no distractions.
- If you pause for one second during entry, or when you are finished, the feedback should appear, be flagged in yellow, and slowly fade over the course of 5-10 seconds. (Won’t this interfere with the next response?)
- You should not need to click outside the input field to trigger the response!
From my research:
- Two new problems:
- on mobile, the backspace key doesn’t seem to count as a keyup-triggering button,
- backspace does trigger keyup on desktop, except a backspace which takes us back to nothing in the field. In this case, it keeps the response value as it was when there was one character left.